Git Integration Branch Strategy
When working with a feature consisting of several packages there is different options to work with an integration branch.
In the sushi-method every change is kept in bite-sized pieces independent from each other.
- Clean commits
- Partial deliveries
- Cherry pickable
- More potential merges
- Another branch to care for
- Possibility to acidentally introduce dependency between packages
In the stew method everything gets thrown in the same pot and is slow-cooked in true hipster fashion.
- Minimum branch administraton
- No need for dependency avoidance
- Same code tested and delivered
- Large commits
- Branch freeze before delivery
- Requires more collaboration