Git Workflow 2
In the feature method the code change exists in two different places.
- The proto branch is where development takes place.
- Multiple small commits for each step.
- Commit messages describe small code changes.
- Will be thrown when finished.
- The change is where the code is reviewed.
- Only one big commit.
- Commit message describe the entire feature.
- Will be part of product history.
Git: The octopus method
In the octopus method each feature is kept on a separate branch as long as possible
Delivering from the tail
This methods provides:
- A non-blocking, non-disruptive delivery procedure
- A clean mainline history
- Avoidance of merge conflicts with yourself
- Not having to resolve the same conflicts twice